hi all

everyone is clearly right and Adel is spot on with what she has done regarding fitness to attend and run it by the OHP for assurance - the employee has resorted to the old chesnut of emotional bargaining - i wouldnt get involved any further you have taken the appropriate advice and pass back to management

i would also stipulate that the employee has resorted to harassment and lodge a grievance if they have taken it to this point that you are left without any other option.  You have been honest with them and they dont like it - well thats just tough and now they have resorted to this.  Unfortunately it happens - i would now just put it to bed from your own perspective as it has grown arms and legs and advise you have nothing further to add.  Call the RCN and get support and log this situation.  We are not governed by the GMC so the employee can take it there if they want they wont do anything.

Dont give this any more worry that you already have done - the case is closed for you

best wishes

steph nicoll