The Reaction Dynamics Group, Department of Chemistry, University of
Hawai'i at Manoa, invites applications for a postdoctoral position in
the field of experimental physical chemistry. The appointment period is
initially for one year, but can be renewed based on avail­a­b­ility of
funds and satisfactory progress.

The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Successful
applicants should have a strong background in one or more of the
following: experimental reaction dynamics, molecular beams, UHV
tech­nology, LIF, pulsed laser systems. Programming experience in C,
C++, labview, and/or autocad is desirable. The prime directive of our
research program is to investigate the formation of mole­cules in
extreme environments (combustion flames, rocket propulsion systems,
planetary atmospheres). A description of our current research group can
be found at http://www.chem.hawaii.edu/Bil301/welcome.html.

Solid communication skills in English (written, oral), a documented
publication record in internationally circulated, peer-reviewed
journals, and willingness to work in a team are man­da­to­ry. Only
self-motivated and energetic candidates are encouraged to apply; please
send a letter of interest, three letters of recommendation, CV, and
publication list to Prof. Ralf I. Kaiser, De­partment of Chemistry,
University of Hawai'i at Manoa, Honolulu, HI 96822-2275, USA. Only
complete, electronic applications in pdf format (ralfk at hawaii.edu)
will be considered. The review of applications will start September 1,
2012, and continues until the position is filled.

To join or leave the molecular-dynamics-news email list, go to:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/molecular-dynamics-news.html