Apologies for cross posting

25th October 12

Registration for our annual conference - After Leveson? - is now open. Attached is further information about the conference plus details of the line-up so far. This is likely to be the first opportunity after publication of Leveson's report for us to get together and discuss the implications and the discussion is kick started with a range of pertinent and provocative papers from our excellent contributors including titles such as:

The Leveson Inquiry and the Chilling Effect- Journalism Inquisition, Moral Panic, and Diminishing Returns in Freedom of Expression.

From Facebook to Front Page: Ethical and Legal Considerations for mainstream media using user-generated content.

Monstering Medusa? A critical analysis of  2012 press representations of News International chief executive officer, Rebekah Wade

Without doubt Leveson is going to have a major impact on journalism - how it is practised, produced, perceived and consumed. Its effect is already being discussed in terms of the publication or non-publication of photos of Harry on his holidays! This is why we have combined the conference with a Media Society debate, facilitated by Ray Snoddy, with a panel including Professors Stewart Purvis, Roy Greenslade and Natalie Fenton.  Registration for the conference includes admission to this debate at 3.30pm.

The conference is also the launchpad for the publication of the 2nd edition of The Phone Hacking Scandal: Journalism on Trial (Abramis), first published in February 2012 and serialised in the Media Guardian, with new chapters from Sir Harold Evans, Professor Roy Greenslade and Ray Snoddy. All thirty chapters have been updated in the light of Leveson.
Advance orders to Richard at Abramis Publishing ([log in to unmask],uk)or via Amazon.

I hope to see you at the conference and please do send this information on to anyone else you think may be interested.

Any questions please do let me know

Best wishes

Fiona

On behalf of the ICE Executive Group

This email and any files transmitted with it were intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this email in error please let the sender know by return.

Please think before you print.