There is much to interest public library delegates at the National Acquisitions Group Conference, to be  held at the Royal York Hotel in York, on Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th September 2012.

The theme is “Learning from success”, and we have a packed and interesting programme lined up for you – full details are on our website at http://www.nag.org.uk/events/forthcoming-events/2012/06/nag-conference-2012/, where you can download the full programme.

We have been lucky enough to secure Annie Mauger, Chief Executive of CILIP, for our keynote speech, and after that we think that you’ll find the following topics of particular interest  -

·         Stock management process: Stock Withdrawal and Disposal Policies: A good practice guide

·         The road to a national library catalogue: are we nearly there yet?

·         Creating Cataloguing Efficiencies: Managing Metadata for e-Books

·         The Hive (joint academic and public library in Worcester)

·         Ebooks in public libraries

·         Applying procurement in a public library situation

We also have a wide range of suppliers, publishers and other commercial organisations signed up to attend, providing a great opportunity to learn about new products in the market. All this plus plenty of networking opportunities, the Gala Dinner, and the presentation of the NAG Award for Excellence. Do join us!

There is still plenty time to sign up. We have held last year’s prices at £325 for NAG members and £375 for non- members – those are the prices for the full conference, but we have a number of cheaper and more flexible options – details are on the booking form

Judith

Judith Rhodes

Administrator

National Acquisitions Group

www.nag.org.uk

12 -14 King Street

Wakefield

West Yorkshire

WF1 2SQ

Please use email to contact us wherever possible, as we will generally be able to respond more quickly to this than to a phone message.

However, if you do wish to speak to somebody personally, the numbers are 01924 383010 and 07587 133012