I don’t know the answer either, although I can’t remember seeing a public library using anything other than Dewey (or a version of it) in this country.

However, I applaud Amanda’s enterprise in seeking to gather up to date information directly from a relevant e.list in this way.

Published data has its limitations too.

From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Diana Nutting
Sent: 28 August 2012 11:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Dewey classification

I'm not a public librarian, so I don't know the answer to this question, nor am I interested in finding out. What I do know however, is that a librarian needs to be able to find the answer to this sort of question from published sources, rather than just wondering and asking a random set of people. If UCL is not teaching these basic skills of librarianship then Amanda is being ill served by her course.