Jarrow & Hebburn Gazette : 25th August

South Tyneside | Library service faces staffing crisis

http://www.jarrowandhebburngazette.com/news/education/library-service-faces-staffing-crisis-1-4866766

Postcode Gazette : 25th August

Sheffield | Parson Cross Library users reminded to voice their opinions

"This review is not about closing libraries. We are reshaping our services and the starting point is not closure.  However, we cannot rule out that, depending on the results of the consultation, services could be delivered differently, some developed, others changed or reduced."

http://postcodegazette.com/news/9002367221/parson-cross-library-users-reminded-to-voice-their-opinions-AT-sheffield-the-learning-zone/

Shropshire Live : 24th August

Telford & Wrekin | Refurbishment continues at Stirchley Library

"This new way of working is putting the concept of our Co-operative Council into action. It means that no library in Telford and Wrekin would have to close. This solution will save the council money at the same time as ensuring community services are still delivered."

http://www.shropshirelive.com/2012/08/24/refurbishment-continues-at-stirchley-library/

This Is Nottingham : 24th August

County council nearing target for apprentices

Among those who have already started are Terrena Nunn, 18, of Sutton-in-Ashfield, and Hollie Cleary, 18, of Blidworth, who have both started at Mansfield Library.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/County-council-nearing-target-apprentices/story-16760054-detail/story.html

Stephen's Lighthouse : 23rd August

Nine Reasons to Save Public Libraries

http://stephenslighthouse.com/2012/08/23/nine-reasons-to-save-public-libraries/

Frances Hendrix

Martin House Farm, Hilltop Lane, Whittle le Woods, Chorley, Lancs, PR6 7QR

Tel:  01257 274 833.   Mobile: 0777 55 888 03