Linda,

We send a welcome email to anyone who registers or changes an email
address, text below:

--snip--
BURY LIBRARIES EMAIL NOTICES

Thank you for registering your email address with Bury
Libraries. We will now send all of your library notices
by email. This means that you will receive your notices
faster than the postal equivalent, and you will also get
extra notices that we are unable to send by post. The
normal library notices are;

COURTESY NOTICES - These give you advance warning that
you have items on loan that are about to go overdue.
These are only available as email notices.

RESERVATION NOTICES - These will tell you that a
reservation you have made is available to pick-up.

OVERDUE NOTICES - Notices to tell you that an item is
overdue.

With your email registered you will also be able to set
up email alerts to notify you of new stock arriving in
the libraries, see
http://library.bury.gov.uk/screens/help_prefsearch.html.

You will also help us to save paper and postage.

We would like to send you our email newsletter to keep
you informed about our services and activities within
Libraries and Adult Learning - you can opt out of this at
any time if you wish.

What do you need to do?

If you are happy to receive notices as above - DO NOTHING
and we will start sending all of your notices by email.

If you would like to opt out of our email newsletter -
PLEASE REPLY to this email, stating you would like to opt
out of promotions but would like to receive email
notices.

If you would like to receive your notices by post -
PLEASE REPLY to this email stating that you would like to
receive your notices by post.

We will read all of your replies and act accordingly, you
will also be able to change your settings at any time by
contacting your local library. Please let us know if you
change your email address either by contacting us
directly or changing your details online, see
http://library.bury.gov.uk/screens/help_email.html. Note
that if this or any email we send is "bounced" from your
email provider we will remove your email address from our
records and send your notices by post.
--snip--

The council also adds the standard disclaimer that you will see at the
bottom of this message.

HTH

Alan

--
Alan Brown
Library Systems Liaison Officer

Have your say
Bury Council's public consultation on the library service
starts Thursday, 12th July 2012 for six weeks
By taking part in this consultation you can tell us your views on the
library
service.You can also take part online at
http://www.bury.gov.uk/libraryservicereview