For heaven's sake, why can't a student ask a list a perfectly respectable question.

Are we so high and might now that we can't assist others on their own career.

As other have said, Dewey is the most used, although I have used UDC in a university library, when, at one time there was a cluster of University libraries using it. But I don’t know the number or where you would find the information. So it is good to be able to ask

-----Original Message-----
From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Wylie, Alan
Sent: 28 August 2012 13:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Dewey classification

Quite shocked by Diana's non-response, if she's not interested in the answer then why is she on the list and what publication is she referring to? No wonder some library staff don't like posting on Lis Pub Libs!
Anyway don't know of any that don't use Dewey in the UK but in the US ANYTHINK Libraries don't, see http://www.anythinklibraries.org/news-item/rangeview-library-district-%E2%80%9Cbreaking-dewey%E2%80%9D
Good luck Amanda

Alan Wylie
Islington