From: An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Elwell, Ben
Sent: 31 August 2012 10:27
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [lis-e-resources] Problems accessing ScienceDirect

Hi Sharon,

We are seeing exactly the same issue here. When we log on using Shibboleth from on campus it matches two groups (or organisations as they seem to call it) - one from the IP range and one from Shibboleth.
No matter what we select it just loops.

It looks as though Science Direct had a big upgrade over the weekend, and changed their WAYFLess URL. I found that clearing browser cookies and using the new WAYFLess URL seemed to work, although after the 3rd attempt you get a different error.
http://www.info.sciverse.com/sciencedirect/using/access_article_display/athens (new Shib links near the bottom)

I have also reported this to Elsevier, but no reply so far.

Regards
Ben