Hi, James -

I did read the definitions, but to me, result clicks and record views are not the same thing as searches.  This is also for COUNTER 4, although I do not see that most of our vendors are providing such statistics at this point - certainly not for ARL for this past fiscal year, which will be almost entirely COUNTER 3 statistics.  We do have some non-COUNTER resources that count record views as I recall.

Thanks,

Stephanie

From: Lib-Stats [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of James Carvalho
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ARL stats for electronic resources

Hi Stephanie,

The information you are looking for can be found in the document titled "The COUNTER Code of Practice for e-Resources: Release 4" which is available at the following URL:

http://www.projectcounter.org/r4/COPR4.pdf.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

James Carvalho
Collections and Scholarly Communications Office
University Libraries
Arizona State University