Dear Alistair et al

Thank you for your responses; I don't think a letter to the Times Higher
would a helpful response at this point in my campaign to improve the pay
and conditions associated with that role. It's worth noting that Bath Spa
has a new Vice-Chancellor and is moving from being a financially-focussed
organisation to an academically-led university. There are plenty of
opportunities to improve issues, but the new leadership deserves a chance
to implement new policies and systems before we go denouncing the whole
University (or even it's HR department) in the national press.

As I mentioned before, I am working to improve the situation; advertising
the job widely at this rate is part of the process. I think the most
helpful response to me and others on the list is, as Pauline suggested, a
comparison of pay and associated responsibility.

Thank you all for your support; I will keep you updated on how the campaign
progresses. I look forward to the ammunition of comparative roles from
around the UK (world?).

Best wishes,
Joelle

*Joelle Adams, FSEDA, FHEA*
*Writing and Learning Centre and FASTECH*
*Bath Spa University*

T: +44 (0)1225 876365
Visit www.bathspa.ac.uk
Join us on: Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/bath.spa.university> |
Twitter<https://twitter.com/#!/BathSpaUni>
 | YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/BathSpaUniversity> |
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/bath-spa-university>
Newton Park, Bath, BA2 9BN

*Think before you print *

*Disclaimer *
If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it
from
your system. Any views or opinions expressed in personal emails are solely
those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bath Spa
University.
Neither Bath Spa University nor the sender accepts any responsibility for
viruses
and it is your responsibility to scan this email and any attachments for
viruses.