I'm currently data cleansing prior to the launch of the QUB research portal (repository) and I wanted to associate a rights statement with a particular item record (beautifully accommodated in PURE : Atira). Elsevier's systematic distribution notice reads:

_NOTICE: this is the author’s version of a work that was accepted for publication in <Journal title>. Changes resulting from the publishing process, such as peer review, editing, corrections, structural formatting, and other quality control mechanisms may not be reflected in this document. Changes may have been made to this work since it was submitted for publication. A definitive version was subsequently published in PUBLICATION, [VOL#, ISSUE#, (DATE)] DOI#_

Here's the sentence I'm having trouble with:

Changes resulting from the publishing process, such as peer review, editing, corrections, structural formatting, and other quality control mechanisms may not be reflected in this document

The accepted manuscript is the only version of the in-press copy that Elsevier will allow for repository deposit via Green OA. I have always worked on the assumption that this copy does in fact incorporate all of the changes that have been recommended by the peer-review process. Am I mistaken?

Regards,

Garret McMahon

Institutional Repository Officer

The McClay Library