APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING

We hope you received our recent announcement of the publication of a new book by Helen Roberts of University College London. What works in reducing inequalities in child health (2nd edition) looks at macro public policy interventions, community interventions, and individual level interventions in a variety of areas to ascertain 'what works' in practice.  The revised and updated second edition includes new case studies, updated research references, and reference to cost effectiveness.

We are delighted to tell you that the Companion Website for the book is now live and can be accessed here:

http://www.policypress.co.uk/resources/roberts/

The website is aimed at lecturers and students using the book for their courses and contains suggested discussion themes and essay questions for lecturers (accessible via a simple registration) and how to use this book and suggestions for further reading for students. We hope that you find it useful and will recommend it to your students.

If you have not already done so, we invite you to request an inspection copy of the book*:

http://www.policypress.co.uk/inspection_copy.asp?t=What works in reducing inequalities in child health? (Second edition)&b=9781847429964&

*Inspection copies are available to course leaders with a minimum of 12 students

If it is not suitable for your course please feel to pass it on to a colleague who is teaching in this area.

"This wonderful book tells us we know a lot about inequalities in children's health but less about what to do.  It presents information and ideas to help make these decisions." Terence Stephenson, President, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health

Kathryn King

Marketing Manager

The Policy Press,

University of Bristol

4th Floor, Beacon House,

Queen's Road,

Clifton, Bristol BS8 1QU

Tel: +44 (0) 117 331 4097

Fax: + 44 (0) 117 331 4093

www.policypress.co.uk

Email: [log in to unmask]

New this month:

THE UNFINISHED REVOLUTION: VOICES FROM THE GLOBAL FIGHT FOR WOMEN’S RIGHTS

Edited by Minky Worden

For free journal articles in July go to: http://www.policypress.co.uk/journals.asp

Keep in touch:  Twitter | Blog | Facebook