From: [log in to unmask]
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jennifer O'Neill
Sent: 10 August 2012 14:01
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Equity] PRISMA-E 2012: capturing the experience of review
authors

*         APOLOGIES FOR ANY CROSS-POSTING

*

*         We invite all systematic review authors to participate in this
brief survey to capture review author experiences in using the new
equity extension to the PRISMA statement (Preferred Reporting Items for
Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses). The existing PRISMA Statement,
developed in 2009, aims to improve reporting of systematic reviews and
meta-analyses by promoting completeness and transparency of reporting of
the methods used and subsequent results. Currently PRISMA does not
include guidance focused on health inequities, where health inequities
are differences in health outcomes that are avoidable and unnecessary,
but also unfair and unjust.

We developed a new equity extension for PRISMA, called "PRISMA-E 2012",
reporting guidelines for systematic reviews with a major focus on health
equity, which we believe will enhance reporting of equity in systematic
reviews. Now that PRISMA-E 2012 has been developed, we are keen to
understand the experience of review authors with the new checklist
extension items, which is why we are seeking input.

Please follow this link to complete our short survey before 7th
September 2012: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3HJ2NCG (should take
approximately 10 minutes)

*         The results from this survey will inform the development of
user resources to accompany the roll-out of PRISMA-E 2012 to guide
systematic review authors in using the checklist. The findings will also
be published.

*

*         All respondents to this survey will be de-identified.
Responding to this survey is entirely optional. The Cochrane Operations
Unit (COU <http://www.cochrane.org/glossary/5#term571> ) has been
notified of this survey, according to the policy laid out in The
Cochrane Policy Manual, but neither the COU nor the Steering Group take
responsibility for the survey's content.

Kind Regards,

Belinda Burford (Cochrane Public Health Group)

on behalf of Elizabeth Waters, Mark Petticrew, Peter Tugwell, Vivian
Welch, Jennifer O'Neill, Tracey Koehlmoos, and David Moher