Hi

I haven't got any experience of the air cubes you mentioned but thought i'd email with a couple of things:

- @Bristol, the science centre, has some great scents (I say great, some of them are revolting!) so they'd be worth contacting to find out their supplier I'm sure

- I use smell in the handling collections I do on Jacobean life, and have to say I've never found it particularly disruptive in terms of the flow. I pass around various items - spices, tallow and beeswax candles, soap balls, cocoa beans and so on - and actually there seems to be a real sense of excitement in people waiting to get a sniff, especially when they see the reaction on some people's faces to the smell! I've done this with various groups from nursery children to adults on supported learning courses, and they all seem to enjoy it.

Good luck - I'd be interested to hear everyone else's ideas too.

Best wishes
Rosie Barker (Community Learning Officer, Aston Hall)