Hi,

I don;t think there is a simple answer to this - whether or not it makes sense to concatenate different TR data or different number of volumes depends on what you want to do scientifically and what parameters you end up deriving. I struggle to find many valid reasons why one would want to do this...
*Technically* the next version of FSL will allow different length data to be fed into melodic but this will remain an undocumented beta feature for quite a while (given my doubts about the scientific value of this feature ;)

hth
Christian