Hello Jesper, Mark,

Yes, I understand that, when we are looking at the degree of anisotropy, especially on the skeleton, the FA value does not change in the warped image.

But, what would it be in case of subject_1(constant white matter FA value = 0.7) who has twice as thick white matter bundle as subject_2(constant white matter FA value = 0.7) all over the brain. I assume that, when these two subjects FA data are projected on the mean_skeleton, the degree of anisotropy would not show any difference between the two subjects(since both subjects warped white matter FA value on the skeleton should be 0.7).

If that is the case, the information about subject_1 having thicker white matter bundle would be lost. If i wanted the degree of anisotropy to show me not only the difference in micro structural anisotropy but also the volumetric difference in the thickness of the white matter bundle, then would it make sense to perform volume correction also?

BW
Jay