P.S. It is possible that SPM encode the relevant transformation in the sform of the image, in which case we can interpret it.  To see if that is the case try the following command-line option:
  flirt -usesqform -applyxfm -in yourinputimage -ref standardimage -out desiredoutputname
if this works then great, otherwise you're back to what I wrote in the previous email.