Hi Stephen,
thanks for your reply. I think I understand how to set up group and interaction effects now based on your and Donald's emails. For the time effect, are my input maps the difference between time point 1 and time point 2? I set up the design for the time effect as follows (assuming that the difference maps are the correct inputs) and it didn't work:

Effect of time:
Group EV 1
1         1
1         1
2         -1
2         -1

contrast 1

Did you suggest it this way - to create 1 EV with group A set to 1 and group B set to -1? If so, should I not put values of 1 and 2 for subjects of groups A and B in the group variable (left of EV 1?) ? This is confusing because I thought I need to somehow account for the fact that I have two groups? Is that all done with the following set up?:

Effect of time:
Group EV 1
1         1
1         1