Dear Jeff,

I'm not quite sure what you are asking here.
In FSLView you can create manual masks or labels.
Just use the "Create Mask" option in the File menu and then select the drawing tool and set voxels to whatever value you specify.
It saves this as a NIFTI image where each voxel contains the label value as set by you in FSLView.
I'm not really sure how easy this is to import into FreeSurfer or what you want to use it for.

I hope this answers your question - if not, please explain what you want in more detail.

All the best,
	Mark