Hi Anne,

The modulated images have _mod in the filenames while the unmodulated ones do not (e.g. GM_mod_merg vs GM_merg).
You can also find the Jacobians in images with _JAC_ in the filename.

The "traditional" style of VBM was not around for very long before the "optimised" one replaced it, precisely because it takes into account both sources of changes (intensity changes and volumetric ones, as inferred from the registration).  I would advocate that you should only use VBM with the modulation.  Reporting DBM is certainly an alternative, although I believe that it is generally less sensitive on average and that this is why VBM is still more commonly used.

I hope this helps.
All the best,
	Mark