Dear Sadequa

Thanks for having the courage to express your views on integrity so openly; I really respect this, even if you felt so strongly that you sent your latest message twice (-;

Every best wish

Margaret

From: Sadequa Shahrook <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, 27 August 2012, 2:58
Subject: Re: Fabrication or falsification of data or research findings

Dear Margaret,

Thanks for the important question you posed here. While posting my previous response, I too was thinking how this issue can be tackled or what kind of step a concerned researcher could take in order to take an appropriate (as well as sensible) action against this and most desirably, without bringing risk to his career? Advising journal editors could be a safe and useful action. However, the choice depends on individuals as Amy said that she wouldn't bother to contact criminal investigators to get out of the situation; and, most probably I would also do whatever it takes. If researchers' aim is to help the humankind with useful researches then it must be produced from good practices and with full honesty; and one thing is for sure that if once we start overlooking the issue, it will plague our entire research-life. We should also think what plausible ways can be taken in those places where top officials posses all the power and where there is not even any academic channels to tackle the bad practices.

Thanks.

Sadequa'