Well, children, now that we have finished with playtime.....
Does anyone have any knowledge or experience about how the cover of a book affects sales or attracts potential buyers. I guess a cover can also be off-putting. One of my clients offered a range of possibilities for his book, ranging from pure text, thru the psychedelic to superimposed photographs. The latter were based on material from the internet. I advised against this as I suspect these were copyright. The book concerns artistic performance. Clearly the cover must be appropriate to the content, but are there any general ‘rules’? Incidentally, I am only revising his text, but since he asked ....
Regards
john taylor