From: A forum for critical and radical geographers [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Susan Ruddick [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 31 August 2012 01:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Take the Train

thanks for this Nick -- an illuminating if distressing paper.  I think it is really important to think about ways to build an alternative travel culture -- something that allows work to be done, (I like the idea of some kind of mini-workshop en route to a destination) and that is seen as (and experienced as) an added bonus, rather than a burden.

If anyone wants to seriously consider the Chicago LA train please let me know -- I understand Amtrak gives a discount for groups of 20 and it could be an incredible lead up to the conference...