**********PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY, APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING********

The University of Kentucky Political Ecology Working Group (politicalecology.org) invites you to participate in the third annual

DIMENSIONS OF POLITICAL ECOLOGY: CONFERENCE ON NATURE/SOCIETY

February 28 – March 3, 2013
University of Kentucky
Lexington, Kentucky, USA

Featured Speakers:

Dr. Ariel Salleh (Department of Political Economy, University of Sydney) and
Dr. Arun Agrawal (School of Natural Resources and Environment, University of Michigan)

This conference provides anopportunity to critically examine perspectives on human-environment relationships and to foster interdisciplinary discussions among a diverse group of scholars. Participants will have the opportunity to collaborate with and receive feedback from cutting edge researchers through sharing their work in anintimate setting.

We encourage submissions from all individuals who are engaged in research on the ecological dimensions ofpolitical, economic, social, and scientific research regardless of their topical, theoretical, or methodological frameworks, including but not limited to:

Environmental justice
Ecological modernization
Environmental history
Science and technology studies
Global urbanization
Environmental law
Restoration ecology
Political economy of nature
Genetic technology
Commons, enclosures, and land tenure
Environmental risk
Resource management and conservation
Non-equilibrium ecology
Scholar/activist relationships
Critical physical geography
Landscape studies
Infrastructure
Environmental discourse and policy
Feminist political ecology
Sustainability
Urban political ecology
Cultural ecology
Environmental sociology
Food security and sustainable agriculture
Knowledge production
Environmental Governance

Conference Highlights:

Paper sessions: These will include 3 or 4 presenters with a discussant or 5 presenters withouta discussant (each presenter will generally have 15 to 20 minutes to present with time for discussion). We are especially interested in accepting organized sessions. Please contact us if you are interested in organizing a session, but session organizers are also encouraged to circulate their own CFPs.

Panel on Scholar / Activist Collaboration: As part of an effort to build connections between scholars and activists, we will be sponsoring a panel dedicated to fostering collaborative research projects between researchers and activists.

Undergraduate Student Symposium: This symposium provides undergraduate students with a forum to present their work, receive useful feedback, and connect with graduate students and faculty with similar research foci.

Undergraduate and Graduate Student Paper Competitions: UKPEWG is excited to announce we will be sponsoring two paper competitions. Please look for additional information to be emailed and posted on our website for application instructions for each competition.

Field Trips: These trips will focus on contemporary issues related to political ecology in the greater Kentucky Bluegrass region. Past field trips have included trips tomountaintop removal sites in the region, meetings with seed saving organizations, and trips to local farms.

Submission of Abstracts and Registration

Abstracts or proposals should be 200– 300 words in length and include three to five keywords. Please include: your name, any titles or affiliations you would like listed in the program, and an email address (please specify if you do not want your email included in the program). All presenters must register online for the conference and pay the sliding registration fee.

Please visit politicalecology.org beginning November 1, 2012 to register. The deadline for abstract submissions is December 1, 2012.

As we move closer to the conference date, more information on travel arrangements, field trips, and an updated list of speakers will be posted on the conference website:  http://www.politicalecology.org/p/dope-2013.html

Please email any questions to [log in to unmask]