I don't want to confuse things further, but as a PS to Ian's answer that clearly tells you how to get Z..

You should be aware that a crystal might also have non-crystallographic symmetry.

 Ian's answer  is right for Z, but as you also mentioned monomers I thought I should mention that if the a.u. comprises a multimer then you would have to multiply.

i.e. symops will give the number of copies of the asymmetric unit in the unit cell, this might not be the number of monomers.

Peter