Dear BoB National Administrator,

I am writing to inform you of planned maintenance work taking place at the BUFVC on Monday 20th August 2012. During this time, there will be additional servers added to  BoB National.  This will ensure that BoB's ever increasing popularity will not cause the website to grind to a halt, as the load can be shared across multiple servers.This also enables the website to be served from the backup location, which reduces the risk of significant downtime should a fault occur locally.   Whilst every attempt will be made to keep disruption to a minimum,  we will have to take the whole website offline to install the servers. BoB National services should be considered at risk of intermittent breaks all day on Monday, but especially from 11am-3pm, there is likely to be disruption to the service.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind Regards,

Markeda Cole

BUFVC Off Air Recordings Officer

British Universities Film & Video Council

77 Wells Street, London W1T 3QJ

tel: 020 7393 1514

fax: 020 7393 1555

www.bufvc.ac.uk