Actually, I've just realised that I should use this medium to advertise/announce the 3rd edition of my book, "Structural Biomaterials" from Princeton UP.  There's a substantial last chapter on biomimetics, which Steve Vogel was kind enough to label "uncommonly sensible" (praise indeed!).  The book has been largely rewritten and brought up to date, which means that there's much more emphasis on molecular structure.  And the figures have all been redrawn, and there are about 350 references (I downloaded and read over 1000 papers while writing the book!)

The heritage edition is still available (overpriced, now!) on Amazon.

URL to PUP announcement below
Julian
Laburnum Cottage
48 Frome Road