Hello AACORNers,

I'd like to propose Martin Ciesielski as a new addition to the AACORN group. I met Martin recently through his work with the Applied Improvisation Network roadshow that he organized in Berlin, and think that through his work bringing together improvisation and business, he fits perfectly within the AACORN ideology. I have attached his CV and included his own personal description below for your reference. Please do let me know if there is any other information that I can provide.

Much thanks!
Daniel Ludevig

Personal description from Martin Ciesielski:

My name is Martin Alexander Ciesielski.

I was born in Berlin/Germany. I am still living and working in this green,  vibrant and creative metropole between West and East Europe.

My company medienMOSAIK is designed as an atelier for new communication forms. There we host labs, conferences, consultings and trainings for companies seeking for new ways of doing their business. We look at and analyze communication processes, using art and playful approaches as improvisation theatre for developing new forms of interaction. We think that technology as social media needs new approaches for communication, creativity and leadership in organizations. On the other hand new forms of interaction need new tools.

I see myself as an applied artist. An offline/online social game designer because the person who learns the most from a game is the designer – Garry Shirts.

When it comes to arts, I would love to point out improvisation theatre. Its range from storytelling to performance, from body art to sound collages is so huge, that I can not even describe how fulfilling it is to work with this powerful mindset.

While working with it, I am doing research on it on the fly. I am diving into its philosophy, reading about its scientific fields from sociology, media sciences, theatre, cultural studies and business. I express impro in my own writings, paintings, music sessions and on stage.

While I am doing impro on stage now since over ten years I am just recently started to stage solo impro. It is such a wonderful experience, having the full interaction with the audience, creating all the characters inside me and being playful with them in a silent storm of storytelling. Seeking for ImproZen.

Since a while I am searching for people also doing artistic research on applied arts in organizations. Sharing their experiences and inviting each other into new spaces of sensual learning.

I am looking forward to get to know more people at AACORN. I am looking forward to sharing results, working together, challenging and helping each other. Life is improvisation!

Martin Ciesielski

Moosdorfstraße 11

12435 Berlin

Germany