Dear Tony & Zooarch colleagues

a good person to contact re information on wolfs may be Professor Nikolai Spassov, who is director of the National Museum of Natural History in Sofia, Bulgaria. You can visit his web page for more details at:
http://www.nmnhs.com/spassov-nikolai-en.html

Since 2008 he has been a  member of the working team for the creation of the National Action plan for the wolf in Bulgaria, a project of the Balkani Society, supported by the Ministry of the Environment of Bulgaria.

I met him many years ago when I was working in Bulgaria in the mid to late 1980's.... in the good old communist days! .... They certainly have wolf specimens in the Natural History Museum there, and I'm sure that he has a collection of measurements taken on them.

kind regards

Mark

Dr Mark Beech
Cultural Landscapes Manager
Historic Environment Department
Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi)
P.O. Box 2380
Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Tel (direct line): +971 2 6576221