Dear all,

The Global Urbanist is an online magazine reviewing urban development issues around the world, founded by alumni of urbanisation and development programmes at the London School of Economics. We recently published the following article and are using this occasion to invite you all to consider publicising your research and perspectives on The Global Urbanist as well.

The centre reigns supreme: how a polycentric urban plan for Beijing was lost
http://globalurbanist.com/2012/07/10/polycentric-beijing

Jinxi Chen takes us on a modern history tour of Beijing's urban structure, and argues that Mao's efforts to replace the old historic centre with the institutions of communist government may have transformed the image of the city, but preserved the old concentric structure that could not work well for contemporary Beijing.

Kind regards,

Kerwin Datu
Editor-in-chief

The Global Urbanist
news and analysis of cities around the world

http://globalurbanist.com
Subscribe to our newsletter | Follow us via RSS - Twitter - Facebook - Linkedin | Tel: +44 7530 601 978

Globurb - The Global Urbanist Ltd. Dalton House, 60 Windsor Avenue, London SW19 2RR, United Kingdom. Company 07247117 England and Wales