On 30 July 2012 14:01, J Nebrensky <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2012, Sam Skipsey wrote:
>> On 30 July 2012 11:22, Stephen Jones <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>> Anyway, the point of this message is this:  while finding
>>> a way to keep the "GridPP Approved VOs" synchronized to
>>> the CIC Portal, it came out that several pieces of odd VO data
>>> were not disseminated via the CIC Portal.
>>>
>>> The fields like this that I know about are:
>>>
>>> VO_VONAME_SW_DIR=blah blah blah
>>> VO_VONAME_DEFAULT_SE=blah blah blah
>>
>> This almost always points at the site's SE (given that almost no site
>> has two production SEs).
>
> Hello,
>
> OTOH I can imagine that small VOs with limited manpower might want a
> single default SE Gride-wide - not sure how they'd disseminate that
> though.

Well, they could, in principle. In practice, it's always been assumed
that DEFAULT_SE will be a site-local SE, since the data model implied
it. I think it would confuse sites if a VO tried to specify a single
common SE, just because no-one does it.

>>> VO_VONAME_STORAGE_DIR=blah blah blah
>>
>> This is SE type dependant, but is easily derived once you know the
>> type of the SE (for dpm sites, for example, it should always be
>> /dpm/$sitedomainnameprefix/home/$voname ).
>
> I'm pretty sure STORAGE_DIR was for the long-gone Classic SE and is now
> listed as obsolete - if needed that information should be generated from
> the relevant variables by YAIM itself rather than a duplicate entry.

Quite right, it is obsolete. I seem to recall YAIM still configuring
it for sites for a while after, though, although a check shows that it
is, indeed, not present any longer.

Sam