Hello all,
I m trying to load an 4D analyze format (.hdr, .img) file with spm_vol; but it generates the error saying that unknown file type. Below are the error messages
??? Error using ==> read_hdr at 55
Unrecognised datatype (4096) for "C:\Users\BUKHARI\Desktop\Batch Processing
fMRI\Joanes Data\ascCAP058\raw\058CAP2.img.

Error in ==> nifti.nifti at 27
        vol    = read_hdr(fname);

Error in ==> spm_vol_nifti at 16
N  = nifti(fname);

Error in ==> spm_vol>subfunc at 124
V = spm_vol_nifti(p,n);

Error in ==> spm_vol>subfunc1 at 77
    v = subfunc(P(i,:));

Error in ==> spm_vol>subfunc2 at 69
    V = subfunc1(P);

Error in ==> spm_vol at 54
V = subfunc2(P);

If I change this 4D in to 3D series using MRIcro software; then spm_vol function works perfectly fine. So should I assume that this function is not able to read 4D files ?? I already read that a lot of times it has been discussed that spm now can handle 4D images; but somehow in practice there are still a lot of errors that spm generates while reading 4D files; I dont know the reasons though.

Can somebody help in that ?
Thanks a lot

Qasim Bukhari

Research Assistant and Doctoral Candidate

Institute for Biomedical Engineering

ETH and University Zurich

Wolfgang-Pauli-Strasse 27, HIT E22

webpage: http://www.micro.biol.ethz.ch/people/sybukhar/index