When you say "modulate", do you mean rescaling by the Jacobian
determinants of the deformations used for generating spatially
normalised versions of your data?  If this is the case, how you do it
will depend on what deformation model was used.

Alternatively, you could mean rescaling the data to account for
intensity inhomogeneity artifact.  If so, are these fields known, or
would these also need to be estimated?

Best regards,
-John