Dear all

Steve Collins has approached me and asked that I pass on his message below to the SDF list – Steve is conscious that normal list etiquette prohibits commercial soliciting, though given his connection and contribution to SDF in the past and the fact that his work emanates from an SDF pilot some years ago – I said yes I would do this give the previous interest in this area for colleagues in Southern based HEIs

Best wishes

Paul

Dear Colleague

In 2006 I was invited by the SDF to develop a pilot Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring for Staff Developers working in Higher Education. The first cohort graduated in 2007 and were presented with their certificates by Professor David Megginson.  Subsequently the programme team and I developed 53 qualified coaches in 24 different higher education institutions, firstly under the CALM umbrella, then for Goldsmiths College. The last cohort completed the programme in 2011.

I am pleased to report that I have found an organisation sponsor to a new ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring programme, with the first cohort starting in October 2012. The sponsor is HDA Associates Ltd with whom I first formed a working relationship in 1995 when I commissioned them to provide outplacement services for Southampton Institute.

You can find a link to the programme on the CALMWebsite and I am pleased to report that I am empowered to offer a 15% discount on the course fee to colleagues in the Higher Education Sector  (this reduces the fee to £2168 plus VAT).  If you would like to attend yourself or nominate a colleague to participate in the programme please complete the delegate’s application form attached and return it to HDA.

With best wishes

Steve

Steve Collins

The CALM Network

(formerly Deputy Director HR, Goldsmiths College)