To ensure that this newsletter is delivered to your inbox, add
[log in to unmask] to your address book.

Logo
News flash from Plus Magazine - http://plus.maths.org

Stay in touch with Plus

Follow Plus on Twitter or Facebook!

Science fiction, science fact: reports from the frontiers of physics

What is space? What's the role of chance in the Universe? Does infinity exist? Here's your chance to vote for your favourite physics question and have it answered on Plus. Get voting now!

The question that topped the latest poll was "Does infinity exist?" Here's a package of articles addressing the question.

Support Plus - make a difference to mathematics

Plus is free for all, but to support our activities we depend entirely on donations and grants. If you'd consider supporting Plus we'd be really grateful. Your generosity has a real impact, helping Plus to continue making a difference to mathematics.

Support Plus!

The Higgs boson – a massive discovery

Image

If it looks like the Higgs... and it smells like the Higgs... have we finally found it? After this morning's historic announcement most physicists agree it's safe to say we've finally observed the elusive Higgs boson. And perhaps that is not all....

READ MORE

Particle hunting at the LHC

Image

In this article from 2009, our favourite particle physicist, Ben Allanach, explains exactly what they have been looking for at the LHC. Welcome to the wonderful world of quantum jelly....

READ MORE

Countdown to the Higgs?

Image

What does all this talk about sigma levels mean? In this news story from last year we explain that finding the Higgs is not so much a matter of catching the beast itself, but keeping a careful count of the evidence it leaves behind.

READ MORE

Secret symmetry and the Higgs boson

Image

The notorious Higgs boson is said to have given other particles their mass. But how did it do that? In this new two-part article we explore the so-called Higgs mechanism, starting with the humble bar magnet and ending with a dramatic transformation of the early Universe.

READ MORE

If you have any comments on this newsletter, or Plus Magazine, please contact us at [log in to unmask] - we are always happy to hear from our readers!

Feel free to forward this email to anyone you think might be interested.

Happy reading!

You are subscribed to Latest news from Plus Magazine. To unsubscribe, visit:
https://JISCMAIL.AC.UK/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=PLUS-ANNOUNCE&A=1

http://plus.maths.org