From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of joanna edwards
Sent: 18 July 2012 22:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Faecal transplants ?????

There is a BBC radio 4 podcast of 08 Mar 2011 still available at this site http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/yyhighlights that might be of use.

Kind regards

Jo

Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 11:47:41 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]

You explain it so delicately, Bob

Thank you

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Bob Clark <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

It is my understanding that this is done to replace / transplant normal bowel flora to help with such conditions as diverticulitis. The faecal material is taken from a close relative (to make it more acceptable) who undergoes screening  before donating.

I don't think that a lump of poo is served on a plate but a screened solution via a fine bore tube which has been placed below the stomach (thus the flora is not destroyed by acid) is inserted.

bob

********************************

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:

******************************** Please remove this footer before replying. OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html

The information contained in this e-mail is private and confidential, may
be legally privileged and/or protected by law and it is intended only for
the use of the addressee.
Any liability (in negligence or otherwise) arising from any third party
taking any action or refraining from taking any action on any of the
information contained in this e-mail is hereby excluded. If you are not
the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately.
Do not disclose the contents to any other person store or copy the
information in any medium or use it for any purpose whatsoever.
Copyright in this e-mail and any attachment created by us belongs to this
company and we assert the right to be identified as such and object to any
misuse.

Princes Limited (No.2328824) Registered in England.
Registered office at Royal Liver Building, Pier Head,Liverpool L3 1NX.
Edible Oils Limited (No.5309847) Registered in England.
Registered office at Royal Liver Building, Pier Head,Liverpool L3 1NX.