medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture See J Goeing, "the invention of transubstantiation," Traditio 46 (1991), where he dates the first use of the term to the early 12th cent., at least a generation before Alain.

Not much originates with Aquinas in medieval theology, but he is still a fine theologian.

Jim