Herewith a link to an earlier (2009) 'Saints of the day' for 16. July (including St. Helier; Sts. Monulph and Gondulph; Sts. Reineldis, Grimoald, and Gondulph; St. Vitalian of Cordoba; St. Sisenandus of Córdoba; Our Lady of Mt. Carmel:
http://tinyurl.com/c6btaq3

Further to Helier:

In standard French, Hélier.

In that earlier post's notice of this saint, the link to the view of his rebuilt chapel on a tidal islet off Jersey no longer functions. Use this instead:
http://tinyurl.com/7zy2dg8
An early nineteenth-century view:
http://tinyurl.com/7ao4bpg

Further to Vitalian of Osimo:

In that earlier post's notice of this saint, the link to a view of the earlier fifteenth-century polyptych (1418; by Pietro di Domenico da Montepulciano ) with a depiction of Vitalian at upper right (he's the closer of the two bishops to the object's center) no longer functions. Use this instead:
http://www.duomodiosimo.it/museo_diocesano/images/DSC_0060%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Further to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel:

That earlier post's notice of this aspect of the BVM offered links to views of fourteenth- and fifteenth-century Carmelite churches in Italy. Links to views of two more were provided in a follow-up <http://tinyurl.com/7qa43hu>. I have not tested most of them to see which still function. One that definitely does not is the link (in the follow-up) to a view of Naples' reputedly miracle-working painting of the Virgin and Christ Child (a.k.a. La Bruna; thirteenth-century) in that city's basilica santuario di Santa Maria del Carmine. Herewith two views of this object inside its earlier fifteenth-century sculpted edicule:
http://www.napoletanita.it/foto/napoli35.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/bqgsmz8
One of the many copies of the icon (minus its early modern crowns) that were made after 1524 when the church was placed directly under jurisdiction of the prior general of the Carmelites and the order began promoting the veneration of this particular image:
http://www.carmelite.org/pictures/mary/olmc05.jpg

Best,
John Dillon

to: [log in to unmask]