From: John Dillon <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [M-R] Feasts and Saints of the Day: July 11
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 2:47 PM

On 07/11/12, I wrote:

> Further to Benedict of Nursia / of Montecassino:
<SNIP>
> Some views of what's left of the abbey of St. Benedict (abbaye de Fleury) at Saint-Benoît-sur-Loire (Loiret):
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/imaginatis/2760646908/
> http://lsinzelle.free.fr/france/st-benoit/saint-benoit-2.htm
> http://tinyurl.com/2bso28l
> http://tinyurl.com/88z6pdj

Every so often in these posts I do or say something that might provoke a reaction indicating that someone is paying attention. In this case the action in question was misleading and requires comment. Those who have been to Fleury will (one hopes) have found something odd in the first view linked to above. Not quickly finding a sufficiently detailed aerial view of the abbey church, I settled for a human-height view of the church's model in the park of miniatures ('France Miniature') at Élancourt in the far western suburbs of Paris. Herewith a couple of distance views of the original in its actual surround:
http://abbaye.chez-alice.fr/basilique.jpg
http://infocatho.cef.fr/fichiers_html/images/prtl4/45stbenoit45.jpg

Some sets of views of France Miniature:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/imaginatis/sets/72157606516784158/
http://www.halios.net/blog/suite.php?y=11&m=04&entry=entry110402-144555
http://www.franceminiature.fr/visite-virtuelle

Best again,
JD

to: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]