On 30/06/2012 23:57, John Dillon wrote:

> 27. June is also the feast day, in the Church of Ireland, of:
>
> Richard of Dundalk (d. 1360).

[...]

>By the early sixteenth century Richard's cause had not made much headway
in Rome. In 1545, after the break with England, he was canonized by the
then archbishop of Armagh.

The Archbishop of Armagh summoned a Provincial Synod to Drogheda on 20
June 1545. There, after a procession to the High Cross and back, he
canonised Richard.

John Briggs

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]