apologies for cross-posting

I am somewhat hurriedly putting together a photographic excursion to
Germany and Italy for late September/early October (hurrying in order to
get my tickets before the rates go up). A non-academic client is paying
my way to Essen, so most of the expense of getting over there from the
US will be covered.

Two possibilities:
1) If anyone wants to commission photographic documentation, I can
piggy-back such work on to what I will already be doing and only have to
pass along short-distance travel expenses.
2) If anyone needs photos and cannot contribute toward my expenses, let
me know what you want anyway. If I end up in the right place for other
reasons, I will shoot what I can for my archive, where you will be able
to use it.

I will definitely be in Essen, and could make a side-trip to Aachen,
Cologne, Bonn, or other nearby cities. I would like to do some research
of my own in Rome, and have an academic client who wants me to go to
several other places in Italy (probably including Florence, Siena,
Orvieto, and Pisa). So there are two of us currently splitting expenses
to Italy (my client and I), and of course if anyone else can join in
then costs will be lowered for all. If you are interested, please
contact me ASAP!

On a related topic, I have a question for the Italophiles on the list. I
understand that one needs to buy a permit to photograph in the Uffizi
and other Italian civic museums, sometimes in order to use a tripod,
sometimes in order to do even hand-held photography. I have found
information about the offices to write to. Do any of you know what kind
of cost to expect, and/or roughly how long it will take to process my
requests? (My previous work in Italy has been done under ecclesiastical
jurisdiction, where the procedures are different.)

Any input will be appreciated!

best,
Genevra

home page: http://www.kornbluthphoto.com