See J Goeing, "the invention of transubstantiation," Traditio 46 (1991),
where he dates the first use of the term to the early 12th cent., at least
a generation before Alain.

Not much originates with Aquinas in medieval theology, but he is still a
fine theologian.

Jim

--
James R. Ginther, PhD

"Blessed are the Geeks for they shall encode the Earth"

"...debet esse oratio devota, ne mens sit in foro dum os psallit in choro."
- Robert Grosseteste

"Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if
both are frozen." -Edward V. Berard

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]