From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Matthew Barr
Sent: 12 July 2012 15:40
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: iPad as kiosk, projected on a screen

Thanks everyone for responding. Based on feedback, we're really looking at either an iPad with AirPlay mirroring to a projector (or using one of these adapters - expensive for what they are, but cheaper than an Apple TV box), or a small-form PC hooked up to a larger touch screen monitor.

The latter solution appeals to me in terms of development - the PC is a known quantity for me - and because the screens we're being quoted for are likely to be much more robust for public use than an iPad, and bigger. But, we'll see... people do love their Apple kit (and paying £35 for a VGA adapter, grumble, grumble...)!

Thanks again,

Matt