Dudley Libraries introduced a loyalty card in February for a limited
period, in order to help boost issues and encourage users of the
computers to borrow items.

The reward for 6 visits is a free DVD or CD loan, but we plan to offer
other incentives later if we carry on with it.

To qualify, any adult over 18 can have a card, and it is date stamped
per visit - only 1 stamp a day. There are no restrictions regarding who
can have the ticket, however they won't be able to borrow if they have
outstanding excessive fines.

We're just in the process of 'reconciling' the difference between income
and issues before we decide whether to carry on with the scheme - we've
had some very good feedback from borrowers, but so far haven't noticed
any significant new behaviour in computer users.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Hilary Riley

Principal Librarian, Adult Services