We have received clarification from the PLR Registrar today that our community run libraries do not come under the PLR umbrella as explained here

http://foclibrary.wordpress.com/2012/07/13/plr-registrar-confirms-gcc-community-libraries-not-covered-by-public-authority-lending-scheme/

 Gloucestershire County Council have been giving out misinformation.

GCC claimed that, because the community libraries were using the same LMS as them,  their lending came under the authorities public lending scheme. They don't. In fact this complicates things further as the community loaning figures will need "disentangling" from the authorities statistics. Things are messy than we thought.

I am absolutely astonished and dismayed at how ill-thought through this sudden rush to dump libraries on communities is and am wondering where is the leadership and guidance in all of this?!

Johanna