Hello all - would just like to add my voice to Jeanette's: any information about pay scales in particular would be useful, not least because I am encountering senior managers who firmly believe that learning development has become a 'non-academic-scale' profession (though they have cited only one or two known exmaples of other HEIs where that is seemingly the case), and that LD posts on academic scales are therefore anachronistic and not to be refilled when they become vacant.

Martin Hampton

>>> Jeanette Rowley <[log in to unmask]> 13/07/2012 09:14 >>>

Hi,

Does anyone know if there has been any research on the uniformity of job descriptions in LD as a sector in HE, including pay scales and the departments LD/StudySkils/Academic Advice operates from in different institutions? There does seem to be a huge variation in approaches expectations and salaries.

Cheers

Jeanette