Hi Nicole

I would read this but work have banned the blog as 'social networking'. Websense has some strange ideas about what is 'acceptable'...

Dave

David Perry
eContent Developer, eLearning Team (L34 - Library)
Hull College
Wilberforce Drive
Queen's Gardens, Hull
HU1 3DG
Extension 2230 / Direct Dial: 01482 381930

* * * Think about the environment - Do you really need to print this email?>>> Nicole Harris <[log in to unmask]> 17/07/2012 11:30 >>>
Hi All

I don't normally push my blog pieces on to this list as I'm sure you all
have better things to read, but I've just written a piece where we are
specifically looking for feedback on ways to encourage richer attribute
release: http://access.jiscinvolve.org/wp/name-rank-and-number/.

I think it is fair to say that we are not currently exploiting the full
potential of federated access by mostly sticking to a very limited
release of attributes to all Service Providers.  The blog post above
talks about 2 ideas to improve this:

1.  Asking Service Providers to sign-up to a 'Code of Conduct' to give
IdPs more assurance of the behaviour towards personal data, and;
2.  'SP Categories' to which a federation would assign SPs, with IdPs
being given the option to release a standard set of attributes to the
group.

We'd be very interested in feedback on these proposals and any other
ideas you have on attribute release and management within the UK more
generally.

With many thanks

Nicole

--
-------------
JISC Advance

phone: 02030066040
skype: harrisnv
twitter: @nicoleharris

This message is sent in confidence for the addressee
only. It may  contain confidential or sensitive
information.  The contents are not to be disclosed
to anyone other than the addressee.  Unauthorised
recipients are requested to preserve this
confidentiality and to advise us of any errors in
transmission.  Any views expressed in this message
are solely the views of the individual and do not
represent the views of the College.  Nothing in this
message should be construed as creating a contract.

Hull College owns the email infrastructure, including the contents.

Hull College is committed to sustainability, please reflect before printing this email.