Hello all

Having just updated Java on the server to the latest version without hitch (seemingly), I'm now planning on updating the Idp and then Tomcat (when I feel really brave as someone else had to finish off our current tomcat setup 2 years ago!). I've only upgraded our IdP version once, from 2.1.5 to 2.3.2, which apart from failing to log for a while (due to a mistake by me when updating the config file before running the 2.3 upgrade, went fine).

There is nothing on the wiki suggesting I have to do anything fancy for 2.3.2 > 2.3.8 update, beyond copy the login page branding and lib files to the new zip-extracted folder, and backing up the old folders (which I did last time and will do again). Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Oh and if anyone on this list can, it might be worth updating the wiki references of latest version being 2.3.6 (I can't remember or find which page I saw it on, but I definitely saw it referenced).

We also need to renew our certificates. I've had a new web-facing one from our SSL authority, but the wiki mentions that shibboleth can generate a new self-signed trust fabric one itself (https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/IdPCertRenew) that lasts for years. Is the IdPCertLifetime variable a system one I would have to setup on our linux server first? And if not where does it go? Clarification of this on the wiki would help too.

Thanks,
Dave

David Perry
eContent Developer, eLearning Team (L34 - Library)
Hull College
Wilberforce Drive
Queen's Gardens, Hull
HU1 3DG
Extension 2230 / Direct Dial: 01482 381930

* * * Think about the environment - Do you really need to print this email?

This message is sent in confidence for the addressee
only. It may  contain confidential or sensitive
information.  The contents are not to be disclosed
to anyone other than the addressee.  Unauthorised
recipients are requested to preserve this
confidentiality and to advise us of any errors in
transmission.  Any views expressed in this message
are solely the views of the individual and do not
represent the views of the College.  Nothing in this
message should be construed as creating a contract.

Hull College owns the email infrastructure, including the contents.

Hull College is committed to sustainability, please reflect before printing this email.