Hi,

epub is a great format and being reflowable means it can easily be read and displayed on a variety devices, and things like upping the font size for legibility are trivial. It's great for born digital documents that will only ever be digital.

The problem really comes where one wants to preserve the structure of the document, perhaps because the printed document is in some way considered to be the true version. Page numbers, positioning of foot notes - any other structural information suddenly becomes difficult to reproduce.

TEI anyone ?

-Doug

--
Doug Moncur